Monday, October 19, 2009

Is it me or are Monday morning workouts more difficult to finish than any other day of the week? I barely got up this morning, and it was 30 degrees, I only got 3 hours of sleep, and I still dragged my ass to pool and swam. But I only got thru 20 minutes of the swim, before I said f**k it and came back home. My rationale? 20 minutes of a workout, while not as good as the usual 45, was still better than nothing.

I went to see the great Rachelle Ferrell last night at Blues Alley, and this was a momentous occasion for a couple reasons. First of all, the Philadelphia Eagles had not played on national tv all year until yesterday, so the concert caused me to miss the entire second half. Second of all, Sunday night is a great night of tv, starting with Sunday Night football, then moving to Curb Your Enthusiasm, then there's Mad Men, and then I finish my evening with more football and/or football highlights. Last night, for the first time in a long time, I switched it up and enjoyed a Sunday date with the lady..and it was great. Except for a 15 minute stretch where she talked too much, and another 10 minutes stretch where she sang happy birthday to 3 different people, Rachelle was dynamite. She hit notes high and low, she played off the band beautifully, and she reminded everyone in that small room that real singing/music does indeed exist. Her 70 minute set went by way too fast, and if the 10pm show wasn't showed, I'd have lobbied to stay for that. If you don't have any of her work in your collection, I highly suggest it.

I let my barber cut my beard off Saturday morning, and it feels weird. My beard and I had been together since October of 2006, and now my face is smooth, with the exception of a goatee. I look younger, which is nice, but I think I want my beard back...I would snap a picture of my beardless, goateed face, but that just seems pretentious and self-centered, and that's not what Rashad is about.


Rachelle Ferrell - Waiting

No comments: