Friday, October 26, 2007

Well, I didn't intrude on the conference room lunch crew yesterday. I was advised by those who I trust and love, that my behavior would not be prudent at that particular juncture, so I took the proverbial high road. And in case you're wondering there was not a lot of traffic on that high road, so I can't even say that I was in good company. Sometimes I need to be reminded that i am 32 years old, and every situation that irks me is not worth throwing a fit over. This type of maturity is extremely rare, and I cannot say that it will carry over to every situation I encounter, but it worked yesterday.

I overslept until 10:15 today, and I was forced to call off from work. Never in the history of all things that are Rashad, have I overslept that long. I had to call my boss and tell her that I would not be coming in, and even she sounded a bit surprised at my brazen behavior. I would like to say that I am embarrassed, but that would be a lie. As has been well documented in this blog, I am a light sleeper by trade. I sleep 4 or 5 hours at the most, and it normally gets me through the day. However, the combination of good wine, a long day, this dreary weather, having a girlfriend, and watching an impressive array of sports prior to going to bed, will put one in a deep and satifying sleep. It was definitely a perfect storm situation, and I will cherish this for the remainder of my life. I will also be going into work insanely early on Monday.

By the way, if you had to draw up the perfect conditions for having sex, this weather would fit the bill. Its windy, its cool, but not cold, its raining, its dark, I mean what else could you ask for? Actually only a snowy day tops the weather we're having now in the ideal-weather-for-sex-department. I just thought I would share that. And now I will post a song that further reinforces this sexual motif..in my humble opinion

I Couldn't Love You More - Sade

3 comments:

BewRadley said...

pewwwwww..this post smells like latex. *jokes

enjoy your day off :)

£ said...

high road?? maturity? prudence? what is this crazy talk??

you know what they say...

"the road less traveled...is less traveled for a reason"

just kidding. glad u did(nt). and today is a perfect day for oversleeping and cuddling. Or whatever the kids are into these days.

Miss Black River said...

Great song Rashad. She still rocks it like no other.