Saturday, November 10, 2007

For about five years now, I have wanted this Ahmad Rashad jersey. As I explained in this entry last year, the first football game I ever watched, I saw Ahmad Rashad play, and the instant I saw my name in bright lights on the back of his jersey, I went crazy. I've asked past girlfriends and family members to get this jersey, but for whatever reason, I never got it, and I basically given up on it. You might ask why didn't I just buy it myself? The jersey was just too expensive, and I thought it would be better as a gift. Well my friends, today was my lucky day, because my girlfriend broke the 5 year curse, an she just presented it to me, and I cannot stop smiling. I know throwback jerseys aren't even stylish right now, but I could care less because it has my name on the back. And when I consulted the fashion handbook, I saw that under that circumstance, me wearing the jersey is 100% legal.

Good times indeed, I'll be purchasing the engagement ring tomorrow

5 comments:

Miss Black River said...

Awww... how sweet is that. It's beautiful when someone does all the right things to please you. Gotta love being in love.

lex said...

this is what i'm talking about!

i LOVE thoughtful gifts like this. i'm smiling like i'm the one that received it lol

and eff a throwback...thats history right there. wear it with pride, buddy

congrats...she's a keeper indeed :-D

Jamal said...

That is a good woman right there.

nickels said...

by the end of 08, y'all are gonna be married.

LittleTortilla stays in DC said...

She's the one. Now let me go get that video game, lol.